Having used the Apple iPad for one week. I find that this device is a pleasure to use. It’s much more than a big iPod Touch. The iPad can create and has the real estate to do it. As a Speaker, I wish that Keynote could be use via bluetooth to a projector, so that I could walk around and talk. This would break me free from the podium. I like to walk and talk. But that’s my wish.
The iPad makes me think, what will I really use this for? After the hype and novelty of the device wears off, I ask that question to myself. But here are some pros and cons that I thought was important.
Things I really liked,
1. Safari is cool, reading is so much easier than on my iPhone.
2. Email, in landscape mode is nice
3. Calendar is cool. no more squinting to see the whole month.
4. Contacts is really cool nice to use and navigate.
5. Photos is really cool, the pinch and expanding of albums and events, is really nice.
6. iPod, haven’t use it yet. Don’t see the need to add music, I think my iPhone is a better device for that.
7. iBook, is nice, the layout is cool, again easy to use. Got a book from the store and that wasn’t a headache to do.
8. Overall the iPad is very quick, and the battery actually has some juice to it. Thanks Apple for finally getting that right. The video is a joy to watch, even YouTube HD. The Tron trailer was cool.
Things I didn’t like,
1. No Tabbed Browsing
2. No Home button
1. You would think for the amount of money we could get 2? Stereo?
1. Portrait view, a real pain to use. not as nice as in landscape
1. Seemed sluggish, not as fast as other apps, this was disappointing. Maybe the new maps will be nicer.
1. I found awful, wait and get the app for the iPad.
That’s what I think of Apple’s newest creation, the iPad. Maybe after awhile I’ll get used to the name, still don’t like it.